Re: Disable Streaming Replication without restarting either master or slave

От Raghavendra
Тема Re: Disable Streaming Replication without restarting either master or slave
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Since stopping or restarting the postgres servers would involve complete
> invalidation of the connection pool [Java/JEE app server pool] that may take
> a few minutes before the application becomes usable, it would be great if
> there is a way we can disable replication [for maintenance reasons like
> applying patches or upgrades, etc].

I think even applying patches or upgrades needs restart.

3. send SIGTERM signal to currently-running walsender process, e.g., by
   "select pg_terminate_backend(pid) from pg_stat_replication".

Will it be helpful here sending SIGINT instead of killing ?

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation