Re: BDR, ERROR: previous init failed, manual cleanup is required

От Dan Wierenga
Тема Re: BDR, ERROR: previous init failed, manual cleanup is required
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Zhu, Joshua <jzhu@vormetric.com> wrote:

Here is a BDR problem we ran into recently:

A BDR group with a pair of nodes, N1 and N2, group is created on N1, N2 joins the group, so far so good

N2 departs/rejoins the group a couple of times, then ran into an issue, with the following symptom, after executing bdr.bdr_group_join() on N2 wrt N1:

FWIW, I was never able to successfully join a node with bdr.bdr_group_join.   I was only ever able to get it to work by using bdr_init_copy and letting it create the database on the target node for me. Run "SELECT bdr.bdr_node_join_wait_for_ready();" to make sure it bootstrapped properly.

I can't access my bdr cluster right now, but off the top of my head:
- check the bdr.bdr_connections table in addition to the nodes table.
- make sure you run "select bdr.bdr_connections_changed();" after you manually delete from any of the bdr tables.