Re: Built-in CTYPE provider

От Jeremy Schneider
Тема Re: Built-in CTYPE provider
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 24, 2024 at 9:27 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> The last vote arrived 6 days ago.  So far, we have votes from Jeff, Noah, Tom,
> Daniel, and Laurenz.  I'll keep the voting open for another 24 hours from now
> or 36 hours after the last vote, whichever comes last.  If that schedule is
> too compressed for anyone, do share.

My opinion is that it is okay to release as is.

Like Jeff, I don’t think counting votes or putting names on one side or another is the best way to decide things. Everyone has unique opinions and nuances, it’s not like there’s two groups that all agree together on everything and disagree with the other group. I don’t want my name put on a list this way; there are some places where I agree and some places where I disagree with most people 🙂

I don’t know the code as intimately as some others on the lists, but I’m not aware of any one-way doors that would create major difficulties for future v18+ ideas being discussed

fwiw, I don’t want to pull this feature out of v17, I think it’s okay to release it

-Jeremy