Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
Дата
Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Tracking of spilled transactions has been introduced to PG13. These
new statistics values, spill_txns, spill_count, and spill_bytes, are
cumulative total values unlike other statistics values in
pg_stat_replication. How can we reset these values? We can reset
statistics values in other statistics views using by
pg_stat_reset_shared(), pg_stat_reset() and so on. It seems to me that
the only option to reset spilled transactions is to restart logical
replication but it's surely high cost.

It might have been discussed during development but it's worth having
a SQL function to reset these statistics?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Сообщение: Re: Small doc improvement about spilled txn tracking
Сообщение: Re: Small doc improvement about spilled txn tracking