Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers, take 2

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers, take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 14:07, Masahiko Sawada
<masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 09:01, Masahiro Ikeda <ikedamsh@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I've attached the new version patch set. 0006 is a separate patch
> > > which introduces 'prefer' mode to foreign_twophase_commit.
> >
> > I hope we can use this feature. Thank you for making patches and
> > discussions.
> > I'm currently understanding the logic and found some minor points to be
> > fixed.
> >
> > I'm sorry if my understanding is wrong.
> >
> > * The v22 patches need rebase as they can't apply to the current master.
> >
> > * FdwXactAtomicCommitParticipants said in
> > src/backend/access/fdwxact/README
> >    is not implemented. Is FdwXactParticipants right?
>
> Right.
>

> > * A following comment says that this code is for "One-phase",
> >    but second argument of FdwXactParticipantEndTransaction() describes
> >    this code is not "onephase".
> >
> > AtEOXact_FdwXact() in fdwxact.c
> >         /* One-phase rollback foreign transaction */
> >         FdwXactParticipantEndTransaction(fdw_part, false, false);
> >
> > static void
> > FdwXactParticipantEndTransaction(FdwXactParticipant *fdw_part, bool
> > onephase,
> >         bool for_commit)
> >
> > * "two_phase_commit" option is mentioned in postgres-fdw.sgml,
> >     but I can't find related code.
> >
> > * resolver.c comments have the sentence
> >    containing two blanks.(Emergency  Termination)
> >
> > * There are some inconsistency with PostgreSQL wiki.
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Atomic_Commit_of_Distributed_Transactions
> >
> >    I understand it's difficult to keep consistency, I think it's ok to
> > fix later
> >    when these patches almost be able to be committed.
> >
> >    - I can't find "two_phase_commit" option in the source code.
> >      But 2PC is work if the remote server's "max_prepared_transactions"
> > is set
> >      to non zero value. It is correct work, isn't it?
>
> Yes. I had removed two_phase_commit option from postgres_fdw.
> Currently, postgres_fdw uses 2pc when 2pc is required. Therefore,
> max_prepared_transactions needs to be set to more than one, as you
> mentioned.
>

> >    - some parameters are renamed or added in latest patches.
> >      max_prepared_foreign_transaction, max_prepared_transactions and so
> > on.
> >
> >    - typo: froeign_transaction_resolver_timeout
> >

> Thank you for your review! I've incorporated your comments on the
> local branch. I'll share the latest version patch.
>
> Also, I've updated the wiki page. I'll try to keep the wiki page up-to-date.

I've attached the latest version patches. I've incorporated the review
comments I got so far and improved locking strategy.

Please review it.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/