Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
Дата
Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
(Please avoid top-posting)

<magnus@hagander.net>;Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>; PostgreSQL Hackers
<pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org>;Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
>
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 at 18:29, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan A&PS
> Delivery) <noriyoshi.shinoda@hpe.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, thank you for the awesome feature.
> >

> Thank you for reporting!
>
> > As it may have been discussed, I think the 'name' column in pg_stat_replication_slots is more consistent with the
columnname and data type matched to the pg_replication_slots catalog.
> > The attached patch changes the name and data type of the 'name' column to slot_name and 'name' type, respectively.
>
> It seems a good idea to me. In other system views, we use the name data type for object name. When I wrote the first
patch,I borrowed the code for pg_stat_slru which uses text data for the name but I think it's an oversight.

Hmm, my above observation is wrong. All other statistics use text data
type and internally use char[NAMEDATALEN]. So I think renaming to
'slot_name' would be a good idea but probably we don’t need to change
the internally used data type. For the data type of slot_name of
pg_stat_replication_slots view, given that the doc says the
following[1], I think we can keep it too as this view is not a system
catalog. What do you think?

8.3. Character Types:
The name type exists only for the storage of identifiers in the
internal system catalogs

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/datatype-character.html

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15858: could not stat file - over 4GB