Re: [JDBC] pgjdbc 42.1.0 release: changelog update

От Jorge Solórzano
Тема Re: [JDBC] pgjdbc 42.1.0 release: changelog update
Дата
Re: pgjdbc 42.1.0 release: changelog update  (Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Vladimir,

For the release notes of 42.0 you should add the keyword: BUG: setCharacterStream truncates data. The bug is fixed in 42.1.0
additionally add:
BUG: No suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql when using a DataSource implementation.
The bug is fixed in 42.1.0

In the 42.1.0-notes.md please add:
fix: make sure org.postgresql.Driver is loaded when accessing though DataSource interface [#768](https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/issues/768)
There where many reports related to the this problem, so it should be highlighted that is fixed now.

Now that there will be an imminent 42.1.0 release, I have to propose a change in the release management of the driver, try to get a "release early, release often" approach and make use of the new versioning. IMO when an bug is introduced and is fixed, is should be released ASAP, for the #768 (DataSource) bug it should be followed by a 42.0.1 release, for the logical replication bug it should follow a 42.0.2 release, since a feature is introduced (​REF_CURSOR using getObject) before the fix for #800 (setCharacterStream), then it have to wait to the 42.1.0, that is basically the idea... bugfixes released often, but I'm not sure how to properly balance it with feature release.

​Regards,

Jorge Solórzano