Re: how to investigate GIN fast updates and cleanup cycles?

От Steve Kehlet
Тема Re: how to investigate GIN fast updates and cleanup cycles?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:27 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Steve Kehlet <steve.kehlet@gmail.com> writes:
> Yeah head scratch. That is really weird. Still gathering data, any way I
> can see for sure when these cleanup cycles are occurring?

contrib/pgstattuple has a function that can report the current size of the
pending list for a GIN index.  If you were to capture that every so often,
it'd be pretty easy to confirm or refute whether these episodes are
associated with list cleanup.

Thank you, I found it, this could be very helpful, we'll try it out on some dev boxes.

Сообщение: Re: how to investigate GIN fast updates and cleanup cycles?
Сообщение: Re: how to investigate GIN fast updates and cleanup cycles?