Re: BUG #11986: psql uses pager inside Emacs shell buffer (not a terminal)

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: BUG #11986: psql uses pager inside Emacs shell buffer (not a terminal)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com> wrote:

> OK, I think Tom Lane's position is reasonable. There could be other 'dumb'
> terminals out there we have not considered, and some of them might even run
> psql. I will check for a way to detect running inside emacs shell buffers.

Although I am an emacs user, and have been bitten by the unwanted pager
problem inside shell buffers, I would vote against making psql detect
running inside emacs and change behaviour, specially considering it may
open the gates to also detect vi, netbeans, eclipse or whatever program can
run it as a subprocess, specially when any reasonable shell used inside the
buffer supports things like {alias psqlemacs='psql --pset=pager=off'} or
functions or scripts which easily avoid the problem.

Francisco Olarte.