Re: JSONB performance enhancement for 9.6

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: JSONB performance enhancement for 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi:
On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 21:27:51 -0500
>> Currently, if I save a large json document with top level keys of thousands
** LARGE **
> The default storage for a JSONB field is EXTENDED. Switching it to
> EXTERNAL will disable compression. You'll have to insert your data over
> again, since this change doesn't alter any existing data, but see
> if that change improves performance.

Good recomendation, but see if it improves AND if it affects other
queries in the system. Turning off compresion CAN decrease the
eficiency  ( hit ratio ) of the shared buffers and the cache, IIRC (
but worth testing anyway ).

Francisco Olarte.

Сообщение: Re: JSONB performance enhancement for 9.6
Сообщение: Re: JSONB performance enhancement for 9.6