Re: Having the issue in while selecting the data and feltering inorder by.

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Having the issue in while selecting the data and feltering inorder by.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Luca:

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 12:33 PM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 11:20 AM nikhil raj <nikhilraj474@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Same when i run this in linux machine i am getting this out in  different sort order on the same query.
> A collation problem?
> What does this query do?
> SELECT *
> FROM (VALUES ('a'), ('___b1'), ('_a1'),('a2'),('a3'),('a5'), ('a2')) t
> (val) order by val COLLATE "C";

It will probacly do the expected thing for him, but I think another
problem may be what does this query:

SELECT * FROM (VALUES
1;

Does on the Windows server, what he is trying to replicate. Finding a
locale which does not ignore _ as the windows one does is easy, but
replicating all the doodahs may be difficult without knowing how the
windows locale sorts all the chars ( and I'm not getting at 1a vs a1,
or _ vs a vs A).

I suspect C locale may be ok though.

Francisco Olarte.