Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive
Дата
Список pgsql-general
( OOps, forgot to cc the list again in previous, quoting all message
for context ).

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Daniel Begin <jfd553@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Makes sense considering the error message! Maybe an image backup would make the job...

I do not know how they are, made in windows, but it should. Also, IIRC
there were versions of the GNU unix common utilities ( cp, rm, mv, ln
) for windows which correctly worked with links, if you can get hold
of a reaosnable windows tar a 'tar c | tar x' should do the trick too.
Also, look at the copy command help, in linux I know cp -a ( for
archive ) does normally the trick.

Francisco Olarte.

right( you did not copy the symbolic links, IIRC windows normal tools did not cope with them too well, but that was on
w2k,YMMV ).

От: Daniel Begin
Сообщение: Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive
От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive