Re: Another user error?

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Another user error?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 7:54 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> When trying to populate the locations table I get this error:
> psql:locations.sql:2105: ERROR:  syntax error at or near ";"
> LINE 2105: ...E Airport Way',null,'Portland','OR','97218',null,null,null);
>                                                                           ^
> Line 2105 is the last line in the file and is terminated with the only
> semi-colon in the file. Every line prior to this one is terminated with a
> colon. All other syntax errors have been corrected.
>
> I've not encountered this issue before. Where should I look for the error?

This is nearly impossible to diagnose without a chunk of the query (
i,e, the first lines and the last ones ).

It smells to missing parentheses. If you use some editor witch matches
them, try adding one BEFORE the semicolon. If it matches something
above you've got it.

But really, show your code, otherwise you are not going to get much help.

Francisco Olarte.