Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Restarting DB after moving to another drive
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Daniel:

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Daniel Begin <jfd553@hotmail.com> wrote:
> - I still have a lot to learn on database management (it was simpler on user's side!-)

Yep, we all do, even if we've been using it since it was called Postgres.

> Fortunately, I have found that pg_dumpall could do the job (I did not have a problem with it, I just did not know
aboutit!-).

If you didn't know about it I'll urge you to take the manual and do a
sequential reading ( maybe not in full, this would take a long time,
but at least skim through all of it sequentially, it's full of very
interesting info and it's very useful and when you hit a problem
you'll probably know there is something for it and search for it ).
For me the manual is one of the major points for using pg . pg_dumpall
is a fundamental tool for backups, as it's the only one that dumps the
global objects.

Good luck.

Francisco Olarte.