Re: BUG #16614: Stale temporary objects makes vacuum ineffective when 1 million transactions remain

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: BUG #16614: Stale temporary objects makes vacuum ineffective when 1 million transactions remain
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 10:59 AM Giorgio Saviane <gsaviane@gmail.com> wrote:
> The question is: can you implement some warning thrown by vacuum/autovacuum in case orphaned temporary tables are in
theway?

> The connection pooler we are using is the one provided by Tomcat 7. I'm gonna check if it supports DISCARD ALL on
close.

From what I've read the thing is, if the pooler does not work
correctly ( by issuing discard all or otherwise taking care of
temporary tables ), there are few things as the tables are not
orphaned on the server side.

What the server sees is someone connects, creates the temporary
tables, issues a lot of other commands but does not  disconnect, so
the tables must be kept alive in case the the session wants to use
them again. DISCARD ALL will make them orphans.

Francisco Olarte.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16614: Stale temporary objects makes vacuum ineffective when 1 million transactions remain
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16614: Stale temporary objects makes vacuum ineffective when 1 million transactions remain