Re: [GENERAL] Numeric numbers

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Numeric numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Олег:

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Олег Самойлов <olleg@mipt.ru> wrote:

>> Well, I just skipped over the rest of the code. I consider casting to
>> unespecified numeric widths a very bad habit and did not want to
>> encourage it.
> There is nothing in documentation that this casting is a very bad
> habit. And this is most interesting part, about infinite zeros. Looked
> like a bug.

It's not in the documentation, as it rarely deals with habits and
styles. And many people could consider it perfectly kosher. It's just
something  *I* consider a bad habit personally, feel free to use it as
much as you like, or to recomend it as good if you want. Normally I
wouldn't even mention it, as I did not in my first response, I just
did to explain why I ignored the tail.

Francisco Olarte.