Re: Incomplete startup packet help needed

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Incomplete startup packet help needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Juan Antonio:

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM, memtec <juanantonio.izquierdo@gmail.com> wrote:
You can force this message executing:
$ echo | nc SERVER_IP 5432
2014-11-04 21:44:37 CET LOG:  incomplete startup packet

What do you need help on? PG uses a binary protocol, you sent it bad data  ( I think this will open connection, send a \n byte, shutdown it ) and it complained in the first check ( I suppose it is due to the connection expecting an startup packet with a given format, and it couldn't get it because it's longer than 1 byte, everything is prety well documented, RTFM ).

Regards.
   Francisco Olarte.