Re: psql color hostname prompt

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: psql color hostname prompt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Achilleas Mantzios
<achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
> Hello, have done that, looked really nice, but unfortunately this resulted
> in a lot of garbled output, in case of editing functions, huge queries, up
> arrows, etc...

Did you  use %[ %] to delimit non-printing sequences as Cal did? I've
tested his prompt ( substituting 'echo tarari' for his sh script ) and
it works fine ( at least in xfce4-terminal / ubuntu / 6 terminal lines
long input line ). I've seen a lot of color prompts worked by
forgetting them ( even when the doc for them specially speaks of color
changes ).
Frnacisco Olarte.