Re: libpq heartbeat

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: libpq heartbeat
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Marcin:

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Marcin Giedz <marcin.giedz@arise.pl> wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is any natural implementation of heartbeats in libpq
> library? We've been facing specially in firewall env occasionally session
> drops between client and server. Extending session timeout directly on
> firewalls is not possible (company rules). Perhaps there is such mechanism
> "somewhere" to avoid reimplementation ?

RTFM? Now, seriously. Have you read
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-PARAMKEYWORDS,
specifically search for keepalive. Keepalives generate traffic which
normally keeps overzealous firewalls happy, I have used it before
successfully.

And I'd like to point libpq sessions does not sound to be the best
kind of traffic across a firewall, not a good service / protocol to
expose.

Francisco Olarte.