Re: libpq heartbeat

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: libpq heartbeat
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Merlin:

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Francisco Olarte
> <folarte@peoplecall.com> wrote:
>> And I'd like to point libpq sessions does not sound to be the best
>> kind of traffic across a firewall, not a good service / protocol to
>> expose.

> meh -- it's perfectly fine to expose postgres to the internet as long
> as you've handled the security concerns.

It is, but handling them is not easy, and you have to deal with things
like DoS which are not trivial on the server ( as it is a heavy
service ). It can be done, and sometimes needs to be done, but is not
a thing to take over lightly.

> This could be over ssh tunnel for example.

In which case it is NOT exposed to the internet. What are you trying to say?

Francisco Olarte.