Re: problems installing postgresql

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: problems installing postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Jennyfer:

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Jennyfer Sanchez <jjsanchez@mail.usf.edu> wrote:
> My OS is Ubuntu Linux and I am trying to install postgresql on my computer
> following this instructions:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/install-short.html. This
> instructions are not working for me. What should I do?

8.2 is seriously outdated. Assuming you need that version for some
unknown reason, try posting some details on the errors, and on the
exact versions of postgres and ubuntu you are using.

Anyway, this does not seem to be a bug, so you probably could get
better responses trying in the pgsql-general list or something like
it, posting here you risk getting and answer of "not a bug" and
nothing more even if you provide details ( due to version 8.2 being
unsupported for a long time, among other things ).

Francisco Olarte.