Re: Declarative partitioning - another take

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the end, keywords are not the defining issue here; the issue is
> whether all of this complexity around inclusive and exclusive bounds
> carries its weight, and whether we want to be committed to that.
>
> Any other opinions out there?

If it where for me I would opt for just half-open intervals. The only
problem I've ever had with them is when working with FINITE ranges,
i.e., there is no way of expresing the range of 8 bits integer with
half open intervals of 8 bit integers, but I would happily pay that
cost for the benefits of not having people unintentionally make
non-contiguous date/timestamp intervals, which I periodically suffer.

Francisco Olarte.

Сообщение: Re: Declarative partitioning - another take
Сообщение: Re: Declarative partitioning - another take