Re: My DB has has 5TB, many operations are very slow (on Google Cloud Compute)

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: My DB has has 5TB, many operations are very slow (on Google Cloud Compute)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rakesh:

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:00 PM, Rakesh Kumar
<rakeshkumar464@outlook.com> wrote:
>>Cores do not help, postgres is single-threaded. RAM MAY help, but I
> I hope this is no longer true from 9.6 for those queries where PG can use parallelism.

It does, AFAIK, but for queries, not AFAIK for this kind of data
moving ops ( and I doubt it will, as presently you can easily saturate
the channels with a single core for that kind of simple ops, and
normally if you want to optimize this kind of op is better to target
concurrency ( table can be used while moving ) than pure speed .

Francisco Olarte.