Re: [GENERAL] Numeric numbers

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Numeric numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
CCing the list ( hint: use reply all in your MUA, otherwhise people
will loose the thread, this message came only for me. If that was what
you wnated, please indicate so in future messages, as the custom in
this list is to reply to list + posters )

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Олег Самойлов <olleg@mipt.ru> wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-09-02 at 17:54 +0200, Francisco Olarte wrote:
>> It's probably doing 1(integer) => double precioson => numeric(20) or
>> something similar if you do not specify.
>>
>> Francisco Olarte.
>
> Well, the question was not only about why there is only 20 "3" after
> point, I suspect this (may be it's not good enough documented, but
> reasonable), but also about why are there infinite amount of "0" after
> point if I subtract "3"s.

Well, I just skipped over the rest of the code. I consider casting to
unespecified numeric widths a very bad habit and did not want to
encourage it.

Francisco Olarte.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Numeric numbers
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Numeric numbers