Re: BUG #17615: Getting error while inserting records in the table: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: BUG #17615: Getting error while inserting records in the table: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #17615: Getting error while inserting records in the table: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae  (Souvik Chatterjee <chatterjeesouvik.besu@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 16 Sept 2022 at 09:37, Souvik Chatterjee
<chatterjeesouvik.besu@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have set the client encoding to UTF-8, but still error is coming.

It seems you have got it backwards. From your description it seems
like your client encoding is utf-8 ( the other usual encodings do not
have this kind of problems, as all the byte sequences are valid in
them ) and you are sending the data in a different one. (set client
encoding means you tell the server "I am going to send you utf8", then
you send invalid utf-8 ( my bet is on windows-1252, if client on
windows ( the usual suspect ), or latin-1 if client on *ix ( rarer, as
nearly all unix work in utf-8 these days ) and the server tells you
so.

Try what you are doing with client encoding win-1252 ( look up the
exact name in the manual, I may be wrong ) to see if it does what you
want.

> This is getting saved properly in Oracle databases, then what's the issue postgres?

These seem like pilot error to me. Probably oracle tools use another
encoding by default, so you are not doing the same thing here and
comparing apples to oranges.

BTW, this does not even remotely look like a bug to me, you will
probably get more enthusiastic and / or detailed responses in one of
the general lists, I replied to this because it was the first message
and I thought I had oppened the general list, and only noticed it was
a bug report when I hit your bottom quote, had I noticed it I would
probably just have answered "Does not look like a bug, but pilot
error".

Francisco Olarte.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17448: In Windows 10, version 1703 and later, huge_pages doesn't work.
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17448: In Windows 10, version 1703 and later, huge_pages doesn't work.