Re: V8.4 TOAST table problem

От David Welton
Тема Re: V8.4 TOAST table problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I think I could write a script to do something similar to what is
happening if anyone is interested.  I'd want some direction as to the
best way to handle this though: it'd be easier for me to script it as
Rails code because that's what the app is.  Perhaps from that we can
get the generated SQL so as to make it easier for others to deal with.
 The operation itself is basically:

* Extract a value from a row of a table that is stored as a bytea.

* Unmarshall it into a Ruby object.

* Add to that Ruby object.

* update the row and set the value by marshalling the Ruby object.

I suspect that the actual value isn't terribly relevant, and they
how's and why's of what it is like it is are best left for a different
discussion.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.dedasys.com/