Re: Unable to test parallel aggregate/joins in Postgres beta 2

От Madusudanan.B.N
Тема Re: Unable to test parallel aggregate/joins in Postgres beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oops, the hyper links got removed.

Blog article followed for parallel aggregation testing - http://blog.2ndquadrant.com/parallel-aggregate/

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Madusudanan.B.N <b.n.madusudanan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I installed postgres beta 2 using the RPM provided here for Cent OS.

Based on this article I was trying to set max_parallel_degree, but postgres complained that there was no such config variable. But I was able to set max_parallel_workers_per_gather and test things for parallel sequential scan

I have a hunch that I have installed a previous beta version i.e beta 1, but Select version() reported that I was using 9.6beta2 only.

What have I done wrong ?

1) The RPM file that I downloaded has 9.6 beta 1. Name is mentioned as pgdg-redhat96-9.6-1.noarch.rpm.

2) Should beta2 built only from source ? If the RPM is beta 1 why is the server version reporting as beta2 ?

3) Is there any kind of toggle to enable parallel aggregate/join feature ?