Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Fixes QT build when not signing

От Atira Odhner
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Fixes QT build when not signing
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Sure, sounds good. We accidentally had a stray chmod hanging out, which we removed. We also made it exit if the framework.conf is missing. We opted in that direction over the auto-using framework.conf.in because we feel like it is likely that developers will need to set these values to get the build to work, so failing will make it more obvious where versions need to be set to line up with their systems.
Here is an updated patch.

Tira, Sarah & George

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:30 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 7:41 PM, George Gelashvili
<ggelashvili@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hello Hackers!
>
> We were building the QT app locally with QTDIR, PGDIR, PYTHON_HOME, and
> PYTHON_VERSION set, and by running:
> make appbundle
>
> We were seeing the runtime error:
>>
>> Could not find QtWebEngineProcess
>> Abort trap: 6
>
> after a successful python server start.
>
> We found that the setup before signing in codesign-bundle.sh was necessary
> to resolve this, whether or not one is planning on signing the app or dmg.
> The fix requires setting variables appropriately in mac/pkg/framework.conf
>
> We've attached a patch with our changes.

I'm seeing the following in the output:

App completed: /Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/pkg/mac/../../mac-build/pgAdmin 4.app
usage: chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a  [i][# [ n]]]
mode|entry file ...
chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-E | -C | -N | -i | -I] file ...
Reorganising the framework structure

I wonder if there's any point in building if framework.conf isn't
present? It clearly doesn't work, so we should probably just exit if
it's not there (or attempt to run using the default values in
framework.conf.in.

Thoughts?

--
Dave Page