Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] change --pkg behavior

От Atira Odhner
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] change --pkg behavior
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
It looks like there was some test setup logic that happened in test_utils.py that was node-name specific. We've removed that logic and re-enabled cleaning up the test databases.

Tira & George

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 7:16 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Atira Odhner <aodhner@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Here is the additional patch to exclude one or more packages.
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 6:02 PM, George Gelashvili <ggelashvili@pivotal.io>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Hackers,
>>
>> To chase down a set of tests that were failing together, we wanted to run
>> deeper trees of tests. We changed the behavior of the --pkg argument to
>> runtests.py so it runs tests under a package and its subpackages, instead of
>> for a single node.
>>
>> It gave us more flexibility in what tests to run. This complements the
>> --exclude behavior we are working on.
>>
>> To run tests for a single node, ".tests" can be appended to the package
>> path (see changes to README)
>>
>> George & Tira

This seems to be broken with Python 3.4 which is what I happened to
test with first. With just the first patch, the examples:

python runtests.py --pkg browser

python runtests.py --pkg browser.server_groups.servers.databases

appear to cause all tests to run, but most fail with:

ERROR: runTest (pgadmin.browser.server_groups.servers.databases.tests.test_db_get.DatabasesGetTestCase)
This function will fetch added database. (Check Databases Node URL)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/tests/test_db_get.py",
line 27, in runTest
    server_data = parent_node_dict["database"][-1]
IndexError: list index out of range

I added the second patch as well, in case it fixed the original bug,
and now all tests fail with:

(pgadmin4-py34) piranha:regression dpage$ python runtests.py --pkg browser.tests
pgAdmin 4 - Application Initialisation
======================================

The configuration database - '/Users/dpage/.pgadmin/test_pgadmin4.db'
does not exist.
Entering initial setup mode...
NOTE: Configuring authentication for DESKTOP mode.

The configuration database has been created at
/Users/dpage/.pgadmin/test_pgadmin4.db
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runtests.py", line 268, in <module>
    test_module_list = get_test_modules(args)
  File "runtests.py", line 154, in get_test_modules
    exclude_pkgs)
TypeError: load_generators() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company