Re: Postgres v15 windows bincheck regression test failures

От Russell Foster
Тема Re: Postgres v15 windows bincheck regression test failures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 8, 2023 at 3:33 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 2023-06-08 Th 13:41, Russell Foster wrote:
>
> Hi All:
>
> I upgraded to postgres v15, and I am getting intermittent failures for
> some of the bin regression tests when building on Windows 10. Example:
>
> perl vcregress.pl bincheck
>
> Installation complete.
> t/001_initdb.pl .. ok
> All tests successful.
> Files=1, Tests=25, 12 wallclock secs ( 0.03 usr +  0.01 sys =  0.05 CPU)
> Result: PASS
> t/001_basic.pl ........... ok
> t/002_nonesuch.pl ........ 1/?
> #   Failed test 'checking a non-existent database stderr /(?^:FATAL:
> database "qqq" does not exist)/'
> #   at t/002_nonesuch.pl line 25.
> #                   'pg_amcheck: error: connection to server at
> "127.0.0.1", port 49393 failed: server closed the connection
> unexpectedly
> #       This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> #       before or while processing the request.
> # '
> #     doesn't match '(?^:FATAL:  database "qqq" does not exist)'
> t/002_nonesuch.pl ........ 97/? # Looks like you failed 1 test of 100.
> t/002_nonesuch.pl ........ Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
> Failed 1/100 subtests
> t/003_check.pl ........... ok
> t/004_verify_heapam.pl ... ok
> t/005_opclass_damage.pl .. ok
>
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> t/002_nonesuch.pl      (Wstat: 256 Tests: 100 Failed: 1)
>   Failed test:  3
>   Non-zero exit status: 1
> Files=5, Tests=196, 86 wallclock secs ( 0.11 usr +  0.08 sys =  0.19 CPU)
> Result: FAIL
>
> I see a similar failure on the build farm at:
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=fairywren&dt=2023-06-03%2020%3A03%3A07
>
> I have also received the same error in the pg_dump test as the build
> server above. Are these errors expected? Are they due to the fact that
> windows tests use SSPI? It seems to work correctly if I recreate all
> of the steps with an HBA that does not use SSPI.
>

> In general you're better off using something like this
>

> set PG_TEST_USE_UNIX_SOCKETS=1
> set PG_REGRESS_SOCK_DIR=%LOCALAPPDATA%\Local\temp
>

> That avoids several sorts of issues.
>

> cheers
>
> andrew

Thanks for responding! This does indeed work, but again it is no
longer using SSPI, nor the sockets that are used in the runtime. Plus
there is this scary comment in code:

/*
* We don't use Unix-domain sockets on Windows by default, even if the
* build supports them.  (See comment at remove_temp() for a reason.)
* Override at your own risk.
*/

Is there some sort of race condition in the SSPI code that sometimes
doesn't gracefully finish/close the connection when the backend
decides to exit due to error?

От: Jelte Fennema
Сообщение: Re: Deleting prepared statements from libpq.
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner