Re: Windows: openssl & gssapi dislike each other

От Imran Zaheer
Тема Re: Windows: openssl & gssapi dislike each other
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

I am submitting two new patches. We can undefine the macro at two locations

1). As be-secure-openssl.c [1] was the actual
file where the conflict happened so I undefined the macro here before
the ssl includes. I changed the comment a little to make it understandable.
I am also attaching the error generated with ninja build.

OR

2). Right after the gssapi includes in libpq-be.h

Thanks
Imran Zaheer
Bitnine

[1]:
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/00ac25a3c365004821e819653c3307acd3294818/src/backend/libpq/be-secure-openssl.c#L46

On Sun, Jun 9, 2024 at 7:21 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > On 2024-06-08 Sa 06:22, Imran Zaheer wrote:
> >> Now this can either be solved by just just undefine the macro defined
> >> by wincrypt.h as done here [3]
> >> Or we should rearrange our headers. Openssl header should be at the
> >> bottom (after the gssapi includes).
>
> > Let's be consistent and use the #undef from [3].
>
> +1.  Depending on header order is not great, especially when you have
> to make it depend on an order that is directly contradictory to
> project conventions [0].
>
>                         regards, tom lane
>
> [0] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committing_checklist#Policies

Вложения