Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
n Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Gokulakannan Somasundaram
<gokul007@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Please explain in detail your idea of how it will work.

> So we will take some kind of lock, which will stop such a happening.
> May be someone can come up with better ideas than this.

With respect, I don't call this a detailed explanation of an idea. For
consideration here, come up with a very detailed design of how your
suggestion will work. Think about it carefully, spend hours and days
thinking it through and when you are personally sure it is better than
what we have now, please raise it on list at an appropriate time. Bear
in mind that most people throw away 90% of their ideas before even
mentioning them here. I hope that helps you to contribute.

At the moment we're trying to review patches for specific code to
include or exclude, not discuss huge redesign of internal mechanisms
using broad brush descriptions. It is possible you may find an
improvement and if you do, people will be interested but that seems an
unlikely thing to happen here and now.

If you have specific comments or tests on this patch those are very welcome.

Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_statements and planning time
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_statements and planning time