Re: Time to dust off your Ingres migration skills

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Time to dust off your Ingres migration skills
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> I am a yarn-dyed Ingres bigot I know, but Curt is a rent-seeking sack
>> of do-do.  Is it unfair to ask if his business practices remind
>> one of a protection racket?  Pay him a fat fee to speak kindly of
>> your
>> company or he will take the time to speak unkindly of it?)  My
>> contacts tell me he has previously approached Ingres Corp (now Actian Corp)
>> for a fee and been sent packing.
>>
>> Aligning yourself with comments from Monash reflects poorly on you.
>
> I wasn't familiar with Mr. Monash before.  My apologies for linking to him, then!

What?!? I'm not sure any facts about Curt Monash have been established
here, nor am I interested in seeing such debate here since it is
clearly OT for this list, which concerns the efforts of people trying
to generate *positive* support for the *PostgreSQL* database system.

All we know for sure is that Roy Hann has made what are clearly
unacceptable personal comments on our list and should be censured and
possibly banned, not offered apologies, assistance and agreement from
core team members who should know better.

Сообщение: Re: Time to dust off your Ingres migration skills
Сообщение: Re: Time to dust off your Ingres migration skills