Re: Overhead cost of Serializable Snapshot Isolation

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Overhead cost of Serializable Snapshot Isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

> It would certainly be a trivial change to
> implement; the problem is convincing others that it's a good idea.

I don't want it, I just think we need it now. "You'll have to retest
your apps" just isn't a good answer and we should respect the huge
cost that causes our users.

Probably as a matter of policy all new features that effect semantics
should have some kind of compatibility or off switch, if easily
possible.