Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> As far as complexity, yeah, it's a lot more complex now -- no question
> about that.

As far as complexity goes, would it be easier if we treated the UPDATE
of a primary key column as a DELETE plus an INSERT?

There's not really a logical reason why updating a primary key has
meaning, so allowing an ExecPlanQual to follow the chain across
primary key values doesn't seem valid to me.

That would make all primary keys IMMUTABLE to updates.

No primary key, no problem.

Сообщение: Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt
Сообщение: Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt