Re: [RFC, POC] Don't require a NBuffer sized PrivateRefCount array of local buffer pins

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [RFC, POC] Don't require a NBuffer sized PrivateRefCount array of local buffer pins
Дата
Re: [RFC, POC] Don't require a NBuffer sized PrivateRefCount array of local buffer pins  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21 March 2014 14:22, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> That seems to work fairly well. On the few tests I could run on my
> laptop - I've done this during a flight - it's a small performance win
> in all cases I could test. While saving a fair amount of memory.

We've got to the stage now that saving this much memory is essential,
so this patch is a must-have.

The patch does all I would expect and no more, so approach and details
look good to me.

Performance? Discussed many years ago, but I suspect the micro-tuning
of those earlier patches wasn't as good as it is here.