Re: Move unused buffers to freelist

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Move unused buffers to freelist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3 July 2013 12:56, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:

>My perspectives here would be

> * BufFreelistLock is a huge issue. Finding a next victim block needs to be
an O(1) operation, yet it is currently much worse than that. Measuring
> contention on that lock hides that problem, since having shared buffers
lock up for 100ms or more but only occasionally is a huge problem, even if
it
> doesn't occur frequently enough for the averaged contention to show as an
issue.

  To optimize finding next victim buffer, I am planning to run the clock
sweep in background. Apart from that do you have any idea to make it closer
to O(1)?

Yes, I already posted patches to attentuate the search time. Please check back last few CFs of 9.3

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Move unused buffers to freelist
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Review: Patch to compute Max LSN of Data Pages