Re: Recovery target 'immediate'

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Recovery target 'immediate'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26 April 2013 16:38, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Given that I was describing how we might implement Heikki's
>> suggestion, I find this comment confusing.
>>
>> Please explain.
>
> Heikki's suggestion is simply to have a mode that stops as soon as
> consistency is reached.  The server already knows (from the backup
> label) what the consistency point is, so there's no need to add a
> restore point or anything else to the WAL stream to implement what
> he's talking about.

Using restore points just puts into use the facility that is already
best practice to use, put there for just this kind of situation.
I guess you could do recovery_target_name = '$consistent'

Doing it the other way means you need to add a new kind of recovery
target to the API just for this.
recovery_target_immediate = on

--Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services