Re: Refactoring log_newpage

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Refactoring log_newpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Heikki Linnakangas

> Well, you can obviously check the catalogs for that, but you must be
> assuming that you don't have access to the catalogs or this would be a
> non-issue.
>
> You can also identify the kind of page by looking at the special area of the
> stored page. See:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-04/msg00392.php

How does that work with different forks?

I think its very ugly to mark all sorts of different pages as if they
were heap pages when they clearly aren't. I don't recall anything so
ugly being allowed anywhere else in the system. Why is it *needed*
here?