Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24 December 2012 16:07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Huh.  Looks a bit like overflow of the refcount, which would explain why
> it takes such a long test case to reproduce it.  But how could that be
> happening without somebody forgetting to decrement the refcount, which
> ought to lead to a visible failure in shorter tests?  Even more
> interesting that the buffer's global refcount is zero.

But we test at the end of each transaction whether any pin count is
non-zero, so it can't have slowly built up.

It would be easier for it to have decremented too many times within
just one transaction.

Something to do with tail recursion during VACUUM?

Сообщение: Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load
Сообщение: Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load