Re: Fast promotion, loose ends

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Fast promotion, loose ends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24 April 2013 09:32, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:

>> pg_ctl already checks versions, so I don't see the point.
>

> The point is, if you do "pgsql93/bin/pg_ctl -D $92DATADIR promote", it will
> create fast_promote file and return success. But it won't actually promote
> the server. I think that's bad.
>
> If pg_ctl already has a check against that, fine, but I don't think it does.
> Please make sure you test that before applying.

If it doesn't check, that is not the only thing that would be broken.
The original commit of pg_ctl promote would also be broken.

--Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

От: KONDO Mitsumasa
Сообщение: Failing start-up archive recovery at Standby mode in PG9.2.4