Re: Report: race conditions in WAL replay routines

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Report: race conditions in WAL replay routines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Please post the patch rather than fixing directly. There's some subtle
>> stuff there and it would be best to discuss first.
>
> And here's a proposed patch for not throwing ERROR during replay of DROP
> TABLESPACE.  I had originally thought this would be a one-liner
> s/ERROR/LOG/, but on inspection destroy_tablespace_directories() really
> needs to be changed too, so that it doesn't throw error for unremovable
> directories.

Looks good.

The existing errmsg of "tablespace is not empty" doesn't cover all
reasons why tablespace was not removed.

The final message should have
errmsg "tablespace not fully removed"
errhint "you should resolve this manually if it causes further problems"

The errdetail is good.