Re: pg_stat_replication vs StandbyReplyMessage

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: pg_stat_replication vs StandbyReplyMessage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> I can go do that. Care to argue^Wbikeshed for a specific name?
>>
>> reply_timestamp
>
> Works for me.

> I'd suggest that we rename it that way in
> StandbyReplyMessage, so that the name in the struct and the name in
> the system view match.

-1

The field is named same as equivalent field in other messages.

The field on the view is a summary of all previous messages, which is
a different thing. Perhaps we should call it last_reply_timestamp to
make that clearer, though long titles are annoying.