Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf
Дата
Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf  (Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18 November 2014 22:05, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> OK, promote works for me as well, I attached patch that changes continue to
> promote so you don't have to find and replace everything yourself. The
> changed doc wording probably needs to be checked.

I've reworded docs a little.

Which led me to think about shutdown more.

If we ask for PAUSE and we're not in HotStandby it just ignores it,
which means it changes into PROMOTE. My feeling is that we should
change that into a SHUTDOWN, not a PROMOTE. I can raise that
separately if anyone objects.

Also, for the Shutdown itself, why are we not using  kill(PostmasterPid, SIGINT)?

That gives a clean, fast shutdown rather than what looks like a crash.