Re: Streaming-only Remastering

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Streaming-only Remastering
Дата
Re: Streaming-only Remastering  (Daniel Farina <daniel@heroku.com>)
Re: Streaming-only Remastering  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 June 2012 19:47, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> So currently we have a major limitation in binary replication, where it is not possible to "remaster" your system
(thatis, designate the most caught-up standby as the new master) based on streaming replication only.  This is a major
limitationbecause the requirement to copy physical logs over scp (or similar methods), manage and expire them more than
doublesthe administrative overhead of managing replication.  This becomes even more of a problem if you're doing
cascadingreplication.

The "major limitation" was solved by repmgr close to 2 years ago now.
So while you're correct that the patch to fix that assumed that
archiving worked as well, it has been possible to operate happily
without it.

http://www.repmgr.org

New versions for 9.2 will be out soon.