Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER CONSTRAINT

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER CONSTRAINT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24 June 2013 22:17, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 24 June 2013 21:42, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
At 2013-06-08 21:45:24 +0100, simon@2ndQuadrant.com wrote:

> ALTER TABLE foo
>    ALTER CONSTRAINT fktable_fk_fkey DEFERRED INITIALLY IMMEDIATE;

I read the patch (looks good), applied it on HEAD (fine), ran make check
(fine), and played with it in a test database. It looks great, and from
previous responses it's something a lot of people have wished for.

I'm marking this ready for committer.

After the commit, I'm now getting the compiler warning:

tablecmds.c: In function 'ATPrepCmd':
tablecmds.c:2953: warning: 'pass' may be used uninitialized in this function

case AT_AlterConstraint (line 3130) is the only case branch that does not set pass.

The investigation is into why my current compiler didn't report that. Thanks though.

Looks like that really is a deficiency in my tool chain on OSX, rather than some bug/user error. Even at the very latest, very shiny version.

Latest versions of gcc trap the error, so I'll have to investigate an alternative.