Re: Deferring transaction wraparound

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Deferring transaction wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 June 2013 09:22, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> A much better idea is to hold the xmin epoch on the tuple, in addition
> to the xid, if there was a good place to hold this.

This idea is an almost exact duplicate of Heikki Linnakangas' idea for
exactly the same problem.

Given Robert Haas' idea to use the page LSN to indicate the epoch last
changes were made, it allows us to do pretty much this idea in a
slightly easier way.

So this idea withdrawn as a proposal, assuming we can go ahead with
the above mentioned approach.

--Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services