Re: Why do we still have commit_delay and commit_siblings?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Why do we still have commit_delay and commit_siblings?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14 May 2012 07:30, Heikki Linnakangas

> That said, I wouldn't mind removing commit_delay and commit_siblings.
> They're pretty much impossible to tune correctly, assuming they work as
> advertised. Some hard data would be nice, though, as Robert suggested.

Those parameters were already hard to get any benefit from, even in a
benchmark. In a wide range of cases/settings they produce clear
degradation.

Any thorough testing would involve a range of different hardware
types, so its unlikely to ever occur. So lets just move on.

Сообщение: Re: Why do we still have commit_delay and commit_siblings?
Сообщение: Re: Why do we still have commit_delay and commit_siblings?