Re: Removing xloginsert_slots?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Removing xloginsert_slots?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29 January 2014 20:53, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 29. Januar 2014 20:51:38 MEZ, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
>>wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>beta
>>>
>>> I'd rather wait till somebody actually has done some benchmarks. I
>>don't
>>> think we're more clueful about it now than back when the patch went
>>> in. And such benchmarking is more likely during beta, so...
>>
>>Well, it's either got to go away, or get documented, IMHO.
>
> Yes, all I am saying is that I'd like to wait till things have calmed down a bit, so it actually makes sense to run
biggerbenchmarks. I don't think removing the option is that urgent.

I do not want this removed until we have reasonable evidence that the
correct number is "8", and that it is useful for both small, large and
every other kind of config.

We may find evidence it is useful to be able to alter this in the
field and decide to keep it.

I suggest we maintain a "Request for Beta Tests" list, so people are
aware that they can (and should) test this, but it is not necessarily
functionality we would like to keep in the future.

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Should we remove "not fast" promotion at all?
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: pg_shmem_allocations view