Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: buffer assertion tripping under repeat pgbench load
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24 December 2012 16:25, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 12/24/12 11:10 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
>> I wonder if you're having a hardware problem?
>

> Always possible.  I didn't report this until I had replicated the crash and
> seen exactly the same thing twice.  I've seen it crash on this assertion 6
> times now.  Bad hardware is not normally so consistent.

Consistency in bugs is a wonderful thing, so I figure we can
immediately rule out the hardware.

> I kicked off another test that includes the block number just before Tom
> suggested it, so I should have the block by tomorrow at the latest.  The
> range of runtime before crash is 3 to 14 hours so far.

Tom will have fixed it by then ;-)

Sorry, I should have mentioned it was the block number that I wanted
and that was why I suggested using the other print function.